ACM Wall Cladding - How to Choose the Right System
ACM Wall Cladding Systems are also based on Building regulations and every project requires the right design and use of high-quality composite materials. Otherwise, fire outbreak is likely, and the damage can lead to loss of lives and property. It’s not enough to plan the structural design, using tested external wall systems is an advantage. However, owners of buildings with wall clad must understand some basic guides for ACM products. Here are 10 tips of professional advice on the use of Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) Wall cladding systems
ACM Wall Cladding - Recommended Tips
Inspect The Building
It is fundamental to inspect the building prior to send any estimate or proposal, take all measurements and the detailed idea of the builder’s final work expectations about finishing and materials that are required to fulfill the customers demands.
1. Inspect the Building
2. Take the angle benchmark to keep the panel system level and square
3. ACM fire resistance ratings: Determine the combustibility of materials before they are used in fabricating ACM panels.
4. Do panels mockup: The panel clips that will fasten onto the wall might not match the stud framing. Ensure to conduct a panel mock-up; the panel extrusion should align with each panel clip.
5. Panel fabrication: When adding paint to composite materials during production, use a consistent direction.
6. Transportation: Move panels on pallets to prevent damage during transportation. Cover with straps in a storage room that’s well ventilated, and free from moisture.
7. Fasten Panel Clips: The panel clips must firmly remain on the wall. While joining the clips to the framing, avoid over-torquing the fasteners.
8. Align Properly: Be consistent with the panels’ setting during installation. Align along the control line, starting after the first panel has been fastened. Poorly aligned ACM Wall Cladding panels can be re-adjusted.
9. Seam Splines: Long and short splines have installation techniques that make it easy for readjustment. Set the long splines in the seams in vertical arrangements, and then run the short splines horizontally.
10. Remove protective films after the installation: The environmentally-friendly fabrication process of ACM panels ensures durability. There’s always a protective film that coats the exposed surface of wall claddings. After the installation, remove the film on each panel. Usually, the protective film is non-transparent and weatherproof. Even with coats on the surface of panels, proper production system guidelines requires protective covers of thin films. During installation, sometimes there are residues of adhesive on the surface of the panel after tearing the film.